SENCO (Special Educational Needs Coordinator) - Vickie Allen
|SEND Governor - Mr Peter Johnson||Please contact: email@example.com|
|Northumberland SEND Information, Advice & Support Service Manager|
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
In line with the current SEN Code of Practice we adopt a graduated approach, which recognises that children learn in different ways and have different needs. We work closely with our partners to identify needs before children start nursery or as soon as possible thereafter. At first a child may receive additional support or input. Step by step if the child fails to make adequate progress we may draw on specialist help. Your child may need help for a short period of time or for many years. You as parents will be involved at every stage and you will meet not only the class teacher but also the Special Educational Needs Coordinator, Mrs Allen.
Our SEND policy and SEND report, which provides all you need to know about SEND at our school, is available to download by clicking the link below:
Northumberland's Local Offer for SEN & Disability
The Northumberland SEND Information, Advice and Support Service is a free and confidential service which provides impartial information, advice and support to parents and carers of children with SEND (special educational needs and disabilities) and children and young people with SEND.
The service helps parents and carers to work in partnership with others involved in their child’s education by:
- offering practical advice and support in understanding the special educational needs and disabilities ‘system’
- listening to parents and helping them to express their views
- helping parents to prepare for meetings and attending meetings with them, if required
- helping parents with the paperwork;
- helping parents to explore the options open to them for their child’s education
- putting parents in touch with other organisations and groups that can support them
Please click on the link below for information.
|Northumberland Family Services Directory & Local Offer||Click here|
|SEND - Code of Practice: 0 -25 Years||Click here|