At Seahouses we offer a range of after-school activities that supplement and support children’s learning outside of the regular school day. Clubs are run by a mixture of staff and adults from external organisations (usually sports coaches). Activities after school don’t just keep restless children busy or entertained. At Seahouses after school clubs offer students great developmental benefits that will help them academically and socially.
- Mixing with existing friends in a new environment helps children learn to share and appreciate each other’s talents and abilities.
- Engaging with new friends and being in a productive environment helps strengthen confidence and independence.
- Developing and succeeding in new activities helps build character and enhance strong leadership skills.
- After-school activities can play a huge part in supporting academic learning.
- Realising they’re good at something boosts a child’s enthusiasm and confidence in the classroom.
- After-school activities help children find ways to tackle their homework.
At the beginning of each term, a club timetable is sent to pupils and parents, who can then choose the activities that they wish to do. Please ensure that when signing up a pupil for a club that you look at the most recent club timetable as clubs will change termly. Parents should use an After-school Club reply form to confirm that their child is allowed to go to a particular club.
Ideas for new clubs
We welcome ideas for new clubs that you think would interest the children. Please email admin if you have any inspirational ideas. Generally, as long as there are enough children to make a club viable, we will do our best to make it happen at school.
Currently at Seahouses we run:
- Football Club (Trident Soccer)
- Tennis Club
- Drama Club
- Virtual Reality Club
- Art/Drawing Club
- Film Club
- Netball (Lunch Time Club)
- Programming (Lunch Time Club)